Cypress, CA - After sweeping Cuesta last weekend to advance to the Super Regionals, the Chargers will face Mt SAC in the opening game in the Saddleback Region this Friday at 11AM. The host Saddleback will play Canyons in the nigh cap. This will be a double elimination format. Last year, the Chargers were bracketed in the Orange Coast Region along with the Mounties but the two teams did not meet. The Chargers were eliminated in two games. The Mounties took the series last weekend from San Jacinto after dropping the first game 4-3. They went on to win the next two games and advanced to the SR. The Mounties outscored San Jacinto 22-6 in the 3-game series.
Quick Facts about the Mt SAC Mountie Baseball team:
- 28-11 Overall record
- 16-5 Conference, first place
- 2-0 on neutral site
- The Mounties had a streak of 14-2 in the last 16 games of their regular seasons.
- The Mounties were 6-0 when scoring in double-digit runs.
- On the flip side the Mounties were 0-6 when allowing opponents to score double-digit runs on them.
- In the 28 victories, the Mounties scored 229 runs (8.2 runs per victory.)
- 22-0 when leading after 7 innings.
- 4-4 when games decided by 1 run.
2013 South Coast Conference Awards for the Mounties:
- Steven Mancilla (.336/.410/.438), MVP
- Steven Flores (9-3, 1.93), Pitcher of the Year
- Stacy Parker, Coach of the Year
- John Werner (2-2, 3.72)
- Cameron Pongs (.308/.430/.481 and 6-3, 3.62 ERA)
- Adrian Franco (.284/.344/.373)
- Caleb Romo (.376/.411/.570)
- Derrick Penilla (6-3, 2.27)
- Dwight Tardy (.300/.454/.387)
- Ceasar Murillo (.320/.445/.408)
- Luis Martinez (S3, 4.82)